Associate Director – Project Controls
England, United Kingdom
£80,000 – £90,000 + package and car allowance (bonus, pension, and healthcare).
Calling all Senior Project Controls professional – are you seeking the next step in your career?
An opportunity has presented its self for an Associate Director to join a market-leading business. They specialise within the field of Planning and Project Controls. Our client partners with high profile public & private sector businesses to provide solutions on complex major multi-million-pound programmes within the infrastructure sector, subsets of which include but not limited to aviation, civil engineering/ construction, and rail.
With the ever-growing demand within digital engineering, a key focus moving forward will be Innovation within project controls, the business is currently on a Power BI drive, you will be a key part of this journey to help develop and introduce new digital ways of working to streamline and improve systems and processes. This opportunity offers work on many of the UK’s biggest infrastructure programmes, in turn it’ll develop your career in more rounded project controls skills and knowledge and the opportunity to further grow your career into more senior roles and opportunities.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Manage and lead a team of project controls staff to deliver client workload and ensure positive outcomes are reached
- Generating fee income through delivery on existing major projects
- Working with existing clients to develop their project controls teams, systems, process, and governance, and in some cases rebuilding the offering
- Checking integrity of internal and external programme (Primavera P6), cost, risk and change data and ensuring compliance to a clients’ governance process
- Contributing to the development of the internal project controls professionals
You will require demonstrable expertise in:
- Strong narrative skills to support with bid writing
- Expertise within the planning & project controls toolsets, including good cost, Primavera P6, EVM and risk knowledge, from working on major projects.
- Programme/ PMO knowledge and understanding of how they integrate within overall project delivery
- UK based industry sector expertise from areas within Infrastructure such as aviation, civil engineering/ construction, utilities, and rail
- Leading a project controls team
- Stakeholder management and engagement.
As an Associate Director you show leadership qualities to ensure the team effectively capture, manage, and analyse project data in the areas of schedule, cost, risk, and the change process, to enable positive project outcomes. You will be supporting the Infrastructure Director in business development and bid writing to build on existing and new business.