Position: Experienced Project Manager – Utilities Sector
Work Arrangement: Hybrid
Compensation: £70,000-£90,000 (based on experience) + Comprehensive benefits package, including 27 days of vacation and bank holidays
We need a skilled Senior Project Manager- is this you?
Our client is looking for a new candidate to join their dynamic team in which you’ll play a significant role in an exciting utilities sector project. Ideally the candidate will have 3 to 5 years of working experience within the water sector, along with a relevant bachelor’s degree (BEng preferred). A strong background in programme or capital delivery environments is ideal as it’ll enable you to engage effectively with clients and stakeholders of all levels. Having strong communication skills are an essential part of the job.
- Ensure comprehensive communication and support among all relevant parties involved in the programme.
- Establishing robust governance and control measures to facilitate informed decision-making and efficient execution.
- Implement and oversee governance standards and boards to ensure effective program delivery.
- Identify and secure the necessary resources with the required skills and expertise for program delivery.
- Managing, tracking, and reporting program risks, issues, and benefits, escalating as necessary.
- Manage program costs within approved budgets and client expectations.
- Articulate and document the programme vision to ensure successful implementation.
- Engineering degree or equivalent qualification.
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with common project management frameworks, tools, and techniques.
- PMP or APM certification or equivalent.
- Proficiency in P3, P6, and MSP.
- In-depth understanding of OFWAT requirements and industry-standard project and program delivery methods in the water sector.
- Experience in managing large-scale, complex business programs.