Senior Planning Engineer
Sussex – Hybrid
£60,000 – £70,000 (+Package)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Planning Engineer to join our client working on a major infrastructure project in Sussex. You will be supporting the growth of the ever-expanding construction team. The Construction Department comprises of several programme and project teams, along with technical support functions and is accountable for the delivery of strategic growth over the next 5 years, encompassing projects across the campus to deliver fit for purpose critical infrastructure.
The Senior Planner will play a key role providing a full planning service for all assigned projects. The Senior Planner will manage schedule development, maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities. In addition, the planner will provide technical support and guidance including Work Breakdown Structure, Cost Breakdown Structure and Resource Loading.
- Evaluation and analysis of the contract program, following through assessments of delays and compensation events.
- Verifying quantity logs which ensure accurate representation of work hours for each project.
- Reviewing and comparing contractor schedules against the baseline identifying critical path activities and performance variations creating work sequences/ establishing comprehensive project schedules with well-defined milestones with the delivery team.
- Communication skills are crucial to work with stakeholders and team members.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a senior planner – on significant infrastructure projects (ideally with project budgets exceeding £10 million).
- Extensive knowledge with prior experience and evidence of working with NEC contracts.
- Understanding of and experience using Primavera P6.
- Demonstrated skills for statistical analysis and managing compensation events and early warning notices across a suite of construction projects.
- Familiarity with engineering, contracts, procurement, construction, and start-up work processes.
- Previous planning experience in at least one of the following sectors: aviation, defence, building, civil engineering, power, rail, telecom, or utilities.
- Skills in planning with a strong emphasis on problem-solving and identifying potential solutions.
- Educated to Degree/Post-Grad level or equivalent in construction or business-related field.
This is a hybrid role where site attendance will be required Tuesday to Thursday offering an attractive salary of £60K-£70K and package.
To apply, please express your interest through direct application, and a member of our recruitment team will reach out to you to discuss your application further.