Hybrid / Sussex
£60,000 – £73,000 + bonus 10-15% + package.
Our client is working on a range of infrastructure projects and as a successful candidate you will be supporting the growth of this expanding and high performing construction team.
The Construction Department comprises of several project teams, with technical support functions, and is accountable for the delivery of strategic growth over the next 5 years. The key difference to this role is the scope of opportunity, projects range from early feasibility through to complex delivery. The projects range in size, complexity, and discipline, from civil engineering, construction, MEP and fit out, technical engineering, sustainability and value engineering. This opportunity does offer candidates the chance to really grow in a planning and project controls role.
Your role is key in providing a full planning service for all assigned projects. As a Senior Planner you will manage schedule development from feasibility through to delivery, schedule integrity, schedule maintenance, monitoring, and recovery plan development activities. Furthermore, you’ll provide technical support, guidance and be a key enhancer of change in the way planning is used across the portfolio.
· Producing project plans from 1st principles.
· Developing plans for early feasibility projects.
· Evaluation and analysis of the contract programme, following through assessments of delays and compensation events.
· Reviewing and comparing contractor schedules against the baseline identifying critical path activities.
· Performance variations creating work sequences/ establishing comprehensive project schedules with well-defined milestones with the delivery team.
· Educated to Degree/Post-Grad level or equivalent in construction or business-related field.
· Communication skills are crucial to work with stakeholders and team members.
· Extensive knowledge with prior experience and evidence of working with NEC contracts.
· Understanding of and experience using Primavera P6.
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a senior planner – on significant infrastructure projects (ideally with project budgets exceeding £10 million)
· Demonstrated skills for statistical analysis and managing compensation events and early warning notices across a suite of construction projects.
· Familiarity with engineering, contracts, procurement, construction, and start-up work processes.
· Skills in planning with a strong emphasis on problem-solving and identifying potential solutions.
· Previous planning experience in at least one of the following sectors: aviation, defence, building, civil engineering, power, rail, telecomms, or utilities.
To apply, please express your interest through direct application, and a member of our recruitment team will reach out to you to discuss your application further.