Senior Planning Engineer
Hybrid / Sussex
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen for a talented Senior Planning Engineer to join our client, within the aviation and construction sector in the Sussex region (Hybrid). Ideal candidates will have major construction/civils experience.
The construction department comprises of several project teams. You will be supporting the Planning Manager with the delivery of strategic growth over the next 5 years.
Furthermore, one of the things which sets this role aside is the scope of opportunities and the projects range from early feasibility through to complex delivery. The projects range in size, complexity, and discipline, from civil engineering, construction, MEP and fit out, technical engineering, sustainability and value engineering.
- Producing project plans from 1st principles.
- Developing plans for early feasibility projects.
- Evaluation and analysis of the contract programme, following through assessments of delays and compensation events.
- Reviewing and comparing contractor schedules against the baseline identifying critical path activities.
- Performance variations creating work sequences/ establishing comprehensive project schedules with well-defined milestones with the delivery team.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a senior planner – on significant infrastructure projects (ideally with project budgets exceeding £10 million)
- Educated to Degree/Post-Grad level or equivalent in construction or business-related field.
- Familiarity with engineering, contracts, procurement, construction, and start-up work processes.
- Understanding of and experience using Primavera P6.
- Extensive knowledge with prior experience and evidence of working with NEC contracts.
- Previous planning experience in at least one of the following sectors: aviation, defence, building, civil engineering, power, rail, telecomms, or utilities.
- Demonstrated skills for statistical analysis and managing compensation events and early warning notices across a suite of construction projects.
Salary package: £63,000-£70,000 + bonus + benefits package
We are looking for individuals who are not only adept at challenging existing plans and methodologies but are also enthusiastic about leading and developing a team of planners. If you thrive on pushing the boundaries of traditional planning approaches and are eager to contribute to the growth and efficiency of a dynamic team, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please express your interest through direct application, and a member of our recruitment team will reach out to you to discuss your application further. #SM600