Project Controls Manager – Infrastructure
London, England, United Kingdom
Long term – Contract
£460 per day inside of IR35
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Controls Manager to join a market leading business who are experts within the Project Controls & Planning area. This will be a London based position, but there will be some flexibility of remote working. As a client facing Project Controls Manager, you will take the lead on a major capital engineering led programme by monitoring the accuracy and consistency of plans, performance reporting (particularly EVM) and cost.
With the ever-growing demand within digital engineering, a key focus moving forward will be innovation within project controls and you will be a key part of this journey to help develop and introduce new digital ways of working to streamline and improve systems and processes.
- Provide a realistic baseline and embed effective controls to monitor progress, advise on risk & opportunity by managing issues and mitigating slippage to drive delivery to enable successful project control outcomes.
- Make recommendations to the project leadership team on how the project resources (people, materials, supply chain) should be allocated to optimise the schedule and project performance.
This role will be suited to a very dynamic individual who is prepared to manage the data, manage multiple stakeholders, and focus on performance improvements.
- Major UK capital project experience across one or more of the following sectors: Transport (Rail/Airports/Highways), Utilities or Civils.
- Experience across the Project Controls & Planning tool sets i.e., Primavera P6, Cost, Change Management & reporting
- Proven Experience in monitoring and reviewing planning and scheduling functions
- Intermediate level of knowledge of procurement & contracts (most client contracts are NEC3/4)
- Strong reporting capabilities using dashboards
- Strong written skills to support the Director with ad-hoc bid writing