Senior Quantity Surveyor
Location: Hybrid / Surrey
Salary: £70,000-£73,000 + Excellent Benefits + Bonus
We have an exciting and unique opportunity with a major international client within the aviation and construction sector who is seeking a Senior Quantity Surveyor with major construction/civils experience to join the team working in the Surrey region. The construction department comprises of several project teams, with technical support functions, where you will support the Senior Commercial Manager with the delivery of strategic growth over the next 5 years
What sets this role aside is the scope of opportunity, projects range from early feasibility through to complex delivery. The projects range in size, complexity, and discipline, from civil engineering, construction, MEP and fit out, technical engineering, sustainability and value engineering.
- Managing project budget, ensuring value for money.
- Managing all contract communication including Early Warnings, Project Managers Instructions and Compensation Events, and accepting/rejecting Contractors Notifications.
- Managing disputes/potential disputes through negotiation, collaborative working, and escalation.
- Supporting the tendering and evaluation process including selection of appropriate procurement strategy and contract, and production of pre-tender estimates.
- Previous experience in a commercial role within the construction or infrastructure sectors working on projects typically in excess of £1 million.
- Degree in relevant engineering or construction discipline.
- Full working knowledge and understanding in using web-based contract management tools (e.g. Cemar)
- Thorough understanding of NEC suite of contracts, and associated contract administration and negotiations.
Should you wish to hear more details, please call 07884136217 OR email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref: SC#681