Cost Estimator / Analyst – (Hybrid / London)
Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits
An interesting opportunity has arisen for a Construction Cost Estimator / Analyst to support a growing infrastructure team working to support Net Zero challenges within the energy sector.
As Cost Estimator / Analyst you will be able to demonstrate competence in data analytics applied to the cost of construction projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in statistics, cost modelling and Project Controls awareness of scheduling / Planning / risk. Be forward thinking and hold experience of working within multidisciplinary teams.
This is a hands-on role and, although support will be available, the successful candidate is required to be self-motivated and to achieve deliverables and objectives with minimal supervision. Displaying a drive for innovation and continuous improvement and learning will be an essential part of this role. You must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Degree educated, ideally within a QS / Engineering / Finance, or equivalent experience
- Good knowledge of construction project lifecycles (design through commissioning)
- Experience working on complex engineering projects and a good understanding of Project Controls focusing on Cost Estimating and related services.
- Is proficient/can adapt the work to different estimating techniques (e.g. first principles, parametric and high-level early stage estimating).
- Is Chartered (MRICS, ACoste, AACE) and/or works towards continuous development/ professional accreditation in the respective cost or analytics technical fields.
- Familiar with standard forms of construction contracts (e.g. NEC) and understands use of methods of measurement (e.g. NRM, MCHW etc.).
- A solid maths background that supports statistical analysis and/or data analysis skills including interest in coding (Python/SQL, R, DAX etc) and cloud computing (Azure etc.)
- Strong user of Microsoft Office (Excel) and mainly PowerBI. Proficiency and awareness of estimating systems desirable but not essential (CostX, CostOS, RIB i2 etc.)
If you are truly committed to applying for this role, please call 07884136217 for a speedy response. Alternatively, please forward an up-to-date CV to email@example.com quoting Ref: SC# 692