Senior Planning Engineer
North East, England
Our client, a major construction consultant, who specialises in Construction Planning and Project Controls, are looking to hire an experienced Planning Engineer to join their already established team working on a major construction infrastructure project in the Northeast UK.
Your role will involve assessments of submissions to the programme, including design and the construction phases. You will analyse aspects of the programme through monthly submissions and reporting focusing on float, critical path, time risk allowance etc.
The role will also be focused on the practicality and realistic nature of the programme and whether it complies with the scope, assessing the progress claimed and keep a detailed record of actual progress on site to cross reference claims from contractors.
- Review and accept/ decline construction plans from contractors.
- Create and regularly update a programme that will assess and forecast all issues.
- Provide strategic advice to the Project Manager and Commercial team, whilst also ensuring ensure the commercial interests of the client are protected.
- Work closely with the Project Managers to create programs to assess compensation event quotations.
- Strong knowledge of construction planning/ planning engineering on JCT/ NEC contracts, with prior experience working within change management.
- Previous experience using Primavera P6 within a major construction or infrastructure project.
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal.
Salary range £55-60,000 + car allowance and benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please apply online and one of our team will be in touch, firstname.lastname@example.org