Hybrid / London
£375-£400 inside IR35
Our client, a major infrastructure construction consultancy, is seeking a Commercial Manager for an exciting rail project based in London. As a Commercial Manager you will assist and advise Commercial Lead and Senior Management Team on commercial influences around Cost and Value reporting and changes required to ensure profit targets are met.
- Pre and post contract commercial support to manage a suite of NEC contracts.
- Assist with setting up the client’s commercial function, including setting up reporting, payment processes, governance and managing post contracts.
- Lead the establishment of robust packages of work to be prepared and issued to the supply chain. Ensuring scope is sufficiently detailed, risks can be understood and assessed, and timelines are clear
- Contribute in commercial, cost and project reviews for contracts and suppliers. Update cost and commercial reporting to show incurred and forecast costs against budgets, with variance analysis
- Conduct regular commercial reviews of both internal and external supplier costs. Devise measures to manage commercial exposure and risks
- Lead and manage final account settlements of all projects. Including, pro-actively managing commercial disputes and claims.
- Experience in stakeholder management/ relationship building at senior levels is key – both internally with the client and externally with the supply chain and 3rd party interfaces.
- Demonstrable experience in a commercial management role within the rail sector, through the early planning, development and tendering stages of infrastructure and telecoms projects. Working closely with procurement through to the tender process and contract award
- Demonstrable experience in leading and managing commercial teams within infrastructure and telecoms
- Strong experience of change management and resolution of contract disputes
- Implemented and maintained effective contract administration processes and reporting systems that align to programme/ project management
- Experience of working on construction projects under the NEC suite of contracts
For further information, please apply and one of the team will get back to you.